Wednesday 17 February 2016

Week 7- Hedgehogs in the mist

As I opened my eyes, I had to squint at first and then smiled to myself. The storm from last night had turned into a lovely morning. Through my window I could see 3 little hedgehogs sniffing the glimmering frosty crystallised grass. I felt a bit of a chill but then thought it must be a cold morning. Stretching, I rubbed eyes got out of bed, put my dressing gown and slippers on. Suddenly the door opened and it seemed to be getting much colder. I went into the kitchen, the door was wide open and there was food everywhere!!!

Ria 5L

2 comments:

  1. Well done Ria, I really liked the phrase 'I had to squint at first and then smiled to myself.' Great description!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graciella - a 100WC Volunteer23 February 2016 at 18:57

    Ria, what a lovely story! Your descriptions are really imaginative and I felt I could picture your scene easily as a result.

    Well done for describing the actions and for using punctuation and capital letters correctly!

    In particular, I liked the use of the words 'suddenly' and 'stretching' here. Fantastic ways to start sentences!

    ReplyDelete